The planet has been giving to the people of the earth for a long time and now it is crying out for help. The plants and the trees upon it are suffering from the pollution that has crept up on the planet. The water that is deep in the ground is reeking of things in it that should never be found. As a result the water that you drink is starting to affect the way that you are for it has chemicals in it that prevent your bodies from truly soaking up all the goodness of your food.
Everything of use that people want relies on an electrical source and this has led to a demand that is far greater than it is possible to keep up. For the electrical power that you have on the earth is starting to cause an electrical storm and it will attract to it something which will simply come along and blow it. So may be finding a way that reduces the amount that is used day in and day out would be a great way to prevent such a thing from happening.
This earth is suffering from the greed that has become so apparent in the world. Yet no matter how many times things are suggested to change this people are frightened to let go for there s no doubt they have gotten used to the easier life that it has created for them. But the problem is not now but the then. For in the future it is all having an impact which is wrong. For it can only bring with it destruction and sadness and people will be fleeing out of the mess. For a mess it will truly be and the whole world will be turned upside down in order to try and bring back some of the balance that is needed.
If everyone could make a pledge to do something different in their day that would help the planet in some way then may be the planet would stand a chance of survival. For it is only because it is being ignored by the majority that it needs to find a way to speak. Sure there are those who are trying hard to promote things on the planet that can only bring in harmony and peace to the plants and the animals that they are doing their bit for. But overall it is not enough. People need to understand that the planet they are on is a special place. It is given to them as a gift for them to live out their life. If they do not look after it then it will surely die and with it the people too. When they get a new gift at Christmas, do they throw it in the trash can or do they sit and enjoy it before they then throw it away. And when they throw it away, do they think about where it might end up. Do they think about how it will be disposed of and how long it will take to decompose. Surely there has to be a better way for people to spend their money and time than keep on building up things that they just end up throwing away.
So what can you do that will make a difference that will not take much thought or effort to do:
1. Learn to recycle more. Ensure that you divide your rubbish so that it can easily be recycled. Reuse bags and containers. Encourage supermarkets to sell more recyclable products by choosing to buy things that can be used again.
2. Turn off all your electricity when not in use. Do not leave things on standby. Use energy efficient light bulbs wherever you can. Do more things by hand rather than using electricity all of the time. Use candle light some of the time. There are lanterns which can be bought to help keep things safer.
3. Learn about how to make products and gifts that can be given to people you love. When buying gifts, try to think about the cost to the planet and look at how much packaging it has. Also try to keep your gifts to things that people really need or will use so as to help prevent the pile of rubbish from getting higher each year.
4. Recycle your garden waste. Create a compost heap and dig the compost into the ground. It will help put some goodness back.
5. Where you can learn to make your own soaps and cleaning materials from natural products it could not only save you some money but will also do less damage to the planet.
6. Make good use of charities when looking to throw things away. When looking to buy gifts, look around the charity shops first, just in case there is something that could be found that would be just as good.
7. When redecorating your homes, try to throw less away. Reuse things in a different way. Give them other uses or move them into different rooms. Try not to crowd your homes with lots of little trinkets that you get bored of and then throw away. Nice things are lovely to have, but in the end they have to be disposed of, so if you can at least reduce this in some way, then that can only help.
8. Learn how to produce more basic food from basic products rather than relying on pre made foods. Not only will this help keep you healthier but it will reduce the demand for these products and consequently help reduce the amount of packaging being thrown away, which in the end is damaging the planet.
9. Use paper bags or reusable bags instead of plastic where at all possible. If you collect plastic bags from the supermarkets, save them up and take them back to the shops for them to reuse.
10. Try to car share whenever you can. This will reduce the traffic on the road and also the pollution in the air. Where you can walk then do this instead. It will be good to get fresh air.
This is just a small sample of things that you can do to start helping the planet in the things that you do. If everyone was to just make a small change to the way that they think, the planet may stand a chance of survival far longer into the future. It is about being heard and not following the crowd. So if there is something that you can think of that will make a difference then speak out and let people know. Share your idea. It will be amazing how many other people will want to know more and then think how much difference it could make. Every little idea is another positive move to creating a better future for mankind on the planet.
If you would like to add to the list above, it would be great to hear from you.